Our Torah was sent on indefinite loan to Chavurat Tikvah in 1981 by the owner of the Torah; Memorial Scrolls Trust. The Torah is a Holocaust survivor and was originally part of a Congregation in Brno, Czechoslovakia. It was rescued from a Nazi warehouse at the end of World War II and restored. Our Torah with its portable ark, travels from home to home when we hold our Shabbat and holiday services.
Our Torah recently underwent another restoration in 2008 with permission from the Memorial Scrolls Trust where it was cleaned, repaired and rewritten with the help of a sofer (a professional Torah scribe) who guided the congregation in this extraordinary endeavor.
More information about our Torah, designated scroll number MST#1112, and the work of the intra/interfaith trusteeship can be found at the Memorial Scrolls Trust.